Super Saturday On Friday

Sunday, November 09, 2008 Posted In , , , , , Edit This 1 Comment »
I don't know why I signed up to do this. I haven't touched one since I was twelve. Maybe I thought I could handle it now I'm nearly grown up. But, as I walked in the room, the sight of it sitting there made me palpitate. My hands went all clammy and my right eye started to twitch. This is the awful sight that greeted me! Eeek!

OK... it's fine... just act casual. Step into the room... gather up my fabric... smile to the nice ladies... "oh hi, nice to see you!"... walk over to the machines. Keep smiling. "hi!... oh, hi!" That's good... keep walking. "Oh darn! It looks like all the machines are taken! Well, that's okay! I'll just sit over here by the um... cake... and wait for a... oh... you're finished? Already? No one else waiting? Oh, so kind! Thank you!"
Breathe in... breathe out...
Casually slide into the seat and try to look like I know what I'm doing. "O......K..... here we are... good... this is ... good... now.... let's see.... you put the .... over here... and the.... now where is that?... here we go... um... where is the thingie that holds it down?... yeah the lever for the foot... where's that?... what's it doing over there?... alright... I got it now....how do I make it go? Oh that's right, you push down on the... yep .... whoa!... not so fast... oops, did I do that? How do you untangle the... oh, it's broken? It was like that when I got here... who used this last? Gosh!
Alright, I'll use that one... oh wow... does it always sew backwards?... oh.. I forgot about that ... no, no, I got it. So, I think this side is done. No, it's not crooked... I sewed it like that deliberately ... you haven't heard of freestyling? Straight lines are so 2007 don't you think?
I have to what? Gusset? Oh yes... I gusset all the time... no problem... (what the heck?) Um, I might um... skip... the gusset part... it's just that I have to... go... get a.... drink of water... and retch in the... no, no, I said that I need to "fetch" myself a drink, yes... I'll be right back... because gusseting... is the best part... yes. Thank you, ok so now I turn it inside-out and... oh, it's already inside-out? I knew that. OK, that looks... good... are the handles supposed to be different lengths? No? Well, it makes it unique doesn't it?
Oops, is that a tear? How did that happen? Duct tape over here please! Wow...am I finished? This looks sort of okay!... I'm going to tell MM!
"Guess what honey? I CAN SEW!"

TA DA! (Ignore the little red spots. That's just my blood.)

If you are interested in re-creating the fabulous work of art you see above, I found a link with instructions for something similar here.

1 brilliant observations:

McCrazys said...

LOL! Congratulations! It looks awesome!