Don't Mess With The Universe!

Thursday, November 13, 2008 Posted In , , , , , , , Edit This 3 Comments »
We went to see Madagascar 2 because the kids JUST HAD to see it. I don't recommend it...
The slapstick is awful, the dialogue contrived and patronizing and there are more than a few tasteless references to the derrière. Not to mention that this is the ONLY theatre movie I have ever fallen asleep watching. Not worth it. Save your money. Although the children are still chanting the one song that appealed to them, ("I like 'em BIG, I like 'em CHUNKY!"), I suggest you see Kung Fu Panda instead.

I took my daughter to the hairdresser after the movie. She wanted to get a cut while I was getting a colour. She asked for her hair to be layered. Fifteen minutes later I looked over and saw carnage all over the floor! The stylist (aka Mrs Scissorhands) had given her a bowl head!
My own stylist was so horrified that she complained to the Manager on our behalf, gave C some highlights to 'feminize' the cut and sent us a free haircut voucher which is no compensation to an eleven year old who has to attend school all day looking like she is still wearing her bicycle helmet.

This is C before:




This is C after:



Thank goodness for the highlights!

The moral of the story is...

Never go to a movie sequel and get your hair cut on the same day! It messes with the cosmos and no amount of feng shui is gonna help you then.

Update: C went to school feeling very apprehensive, then FIVE people told her she looks like Rihanna! (you know... that R&B, pop-star girl from Barbados.) So here is what Rihanna looks like...



... and the only reason I don't yet have an 'after' pic of C here is because she refused to let the camera within fifty feet of her. Keep your eyes peeled tho' because I am wearing her down!

Here it is...



3 brilliant observations:

Cheryl said...

That is so funny! I want to see what her hair really looks like!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful as always!

TheIsom8 said...

My kids want to see Madagascar 2 as well-I have no desire. So, we are going to wait (they can watch it on DVD while I snuggle in bed upstairs).
I like her haircute! She is such a pretty girl! I am hoping the voucher is for a different hairstylist, though? :-)