It's a Losing Battle

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 Posted In , , , , , Edit This 3 Comments »
When, if ever, do I get to stop being a cop? I would really love to have a normal conversation without having to interrupt myself constantly, to prevent World War 3 in my house! Have you ever had a conversation like this?

Moi to MM: "Do you think...
STOP HITTING HIM!...
...that we could do something different for...
DIDN'T I JUST TELL YOU TO STOP?!...
...Christmas dinner? I thought that we could...
WHY ARE YOU STILL TOUCHING HIM?...
...maybe have meatloaf again because...

ARE YOUR EARS PAINTED ON?...
...I didn't get much...
WHO THREW THAT?...
...of the Thanksgiving meatloaf.

So, I was hoping that...
PUT THAT DOWN!..
...we could...
PICK THAT UP!...

...have a non-traditional meal...
TAKE THAT OUT OF YOUR NOSE!...
...with all the traditional trimmings, and make it...
GET TO YOUR ROOM!...
...more of a Christmassy meatloaf?
Because I'm sure the kids...
DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!...
...won't care what they eat as long as...
GIVE ME THAT KNIFE!...
...there's ice cream afterward."

3 brilliant observations:

Anonymous said...

Yes! This is the archtypal conversation with children. I can name the book, too, or at least the author.

in time out said...

not fun...hope you all get to feeling better...or at least the ones you have to clean up after..yuck..originated from the word sick...♥

bebe said...

LOL. Did you overhear that at my house? Because I'm sure we've had that actual conversation at some point!