We're Gonna Make You Pop-U-Lar

Saturday, December 20, 2008 Posted In , , , , , , Edit This 3 Comments »
This is what C told me when she got home from school today... no joke... she really did...

"So Mum, I gotta tell you what P did today! You know how she loves your kiwi accent? Right, so she somehow, and I don't know how, recorded the message you left on our answer machine. Then she plays it for G who tells E, who tells B, who tells S, who tells H, who tells J, who tells R, who tells G!
So, I hear these kids all around me saying in weird accents, "Hellooo, we carrn't come to the phoone riight now, please leave yoor name and nomber...!" and I'm like, "What is going on?" So G told me that they were all listening to YOUR VOICE and copying your accent! All the kids were doing it!

And Mum, they can't even do it right!"

I am so gratified that I have finally achieved popularity status in the 6th grade! Immortalized by a phone message... I'll take it.


3 brilliant observations:

Cheryl said...

That is hilarious! Now you know why we made you do all the talking about Book Group!

Raymond Teodo a.k.a. was_bedeutet_jemanden said...

I would have liked to have seen what they did with my Aussie accent! :-P Very funny story....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. None of my kids' German friends try to imitate my American accent. . .