Two Chips Off The Old Block

Thursday, December 04, 2008 Posted In , , , , , , Edit This 1 Comment »
C walked in the door from school and announced that she had scored a "Twilight" poster for her sister. She said that her friend had bought the poster this morning for $14.95 (what a rip!) but was sick of it by lunchtime and offered it to C.
I didn't want to dampen her gift-giving enthusiasm but there are virtually no circumstances where I would allow Twilight paraphernalia to be displayed in my house!

The poster features white-faced Edward and klutzy Bella solemnly looking out into space. Not even a hint of a smile. I guess life is just way too serious for them.

It seems sacrilegious to allow an actor who first played the part of "Cedric Diggory" in the 'not to be matched' Harry Potter series, to also play the part of the personality-absent Edward in the travesty that is Twilight. Go figure.
I was very cautious about telling C and A that the poster NEEDS TO GO.
Moi: "Umm, C? That was neat that you got that for A but umm..."
C: "I know, I know... you don't like it."
A: "I hate it anyway. Edward is ugly."

Moi: (gleefully) "Sooo, what are you going to do with it?"
A: "I'm giving it away."

Anybody want a much hated and slightly stomped on Twilight poster like this one?



1 brilliant observations:

Cheryl said...

What smart children you have!