Islamic Mormon?

Monday, December 08, 2008 Posted In , , , , Edit This 1 Comment »
MM asked me to help him sub in Sunday School today. Yeah, sure! What age group?
Fourteen.
Uh oh.
I don't know about you but I'm alternately dry and stupid when it comes to the youth. You'd think having my own thirteen year old would provide some preparation. Nope. Dry and stupid. And fasting makes me drier... and stupider.

So I'm sitting there with MM and we are both having a hard time of it. "Bueller?... Anyone?... Anyone?" I felt like that guy.

MM gave a lesson about the Brother of Jared. It was pretty good though he had only three minutes notice and no lesson manual. I offered a few comments, nothing exciting, not worth talking about really. At the end of the lesson, MM asked each kid what they had learned. They gave some pretty astute answers considering they sat rigor mortis through most of it.
The last kid said, "I learned from this lesson that the real name of the Brother of Jared is um... Mohammed."


I'm not sure what this says about our teaching skills. Probably something dry... or stupid.

1 brilliant observations:

Mammamia said...

LOL! Oh I think we're all made differently for a reason. I love teenagers, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to teach my primary kids. It stresses me out just thinking about it.