Weally Wordy Wednesday

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 Posted In , , , Edit This 11 Comments »
MM has firmly resisted my wheedling to give me a copy of his UGLY PIC. He asked me if I planned on showing it to anyone. I assured him that the thought hadn't even begun to speculate about the merest possibility of crossing my mind and I was only going to post it on my blog. MM was horrified and refused to allow me access to it even though I did mention that hardly anyone reads my blog these days anyway. Except you five four.

So, I was forced to find a reasonable facsimile of MM on the internet and here is about as close as I could get; just imagine this guy with eyebrows and three more teeth and it's close enough!


You will agree, the changes I had to make were significant. That's true love that is!

What about this week on American Idol? I don't prefer country music but I was feeling decidedly sorry for all things country after listening to Adam Lambert KILL, MURDER, BUTCHER AND DESTROY 'Ring of Fire'!! It's a good thing Johnny Cash wasn't alive to hear it. He may have had to throw Adam into an actual ring of fire on principal. I have to agree with Simon's critique... it was UTTER RUBBISH!

The big winners for the night were Kris Allen with his sweet ballad (who knew?!) and Anoop who yanked himself back from obscurity with a really cool version of "Always On My Mind". He single handedly revived Willie Nelson's career but Willie will have to sing that song with RnB flavour from now on.

One more thing...

Apparently this vid features all women drivers but I am so sure they were aliens in womens clothing because we all know that WE ARE FANTASTIC DRIVERS.
(Make sure you mute the annoying music.)





11 brilliant observations:

Maria said...

I agree with you and Simon..I hated Adam's song. He's gone way down on my favorites list. I loved Kris Allen and Matt Gerard's songs!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Is it possible for you to do a 'Wordless' Wednesday' like everyone else?
Didn't think so!
:~D
And I'm sure that man's wife fixed him up a bit before she married him, too. Have you seen HIS before picture?
Didn't think so.
'twas banned from the internet.
Graphic violence.
ha.

J. Baxter said...

My fav was that blond chick's cool rendition of the Patsy Cline song.

And I want someone to help that blind piano player with his hair.

And I think some of those women must have been "under the influence" because there is simply no other explanation for a couple of those!

wendy said...

Where did that picture come from ----U..gl...y. I haven't really got a favorite on American Idol yet ---well, Danny I love (so I guess that first comment was inaccurate wasn't it) Adam is a creep ----he thinks he's so cool and I just want to take a pair of scissors to his lopsided hair.

Raymond Teodo a.k.a. was_bedeutet_jemanden said...

The photo was what drew me to this article.... :-)

Very entertaining to read!

Unknown said...

I hear Arthur Dent in your first paragraph...we don't let each other get away with ANY plagiarizing, do we R Max?? But how can you NOT just pull one of those quotes out of your cerebellum when they're SO perfect for the occasion?

And your husband is so very, very attractive. If you look at that picture just right, you can convince yourself that it's actually the BACK of that guy's head with a goofy face painted on.

This is what I do instead of preparing my Institute class.

Thank you for that.

Unknown said...

No! Not Arthur Dent!! The guy from the council!! That's who said that, to Ford Prefect. Right? Right?

Right.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Hilarious picture! It's amazing what you can find on the internet!

I totally refuse to let myself get into American Idol again. But this season is the first in many where I sort of feel like I may be missing out. Crazy!

Barbaloot said...

I loved Randy's reaction to the crazy man's version of 'Ring of Fire.' You could tell he hated it but was still trying to be positive.

rychelle said...

i think i met that guy on an online dating site already. i shouldn't have overlooked him. with a little help from my friends, i could have made him into somebody.

HeyMiemie said...

That video had me laughing so hard I cried. And after childbirth, you're kind of lucky it's the only precipitation around here...

I don't know guys... Adam is a very good singer and a very good performer. That song was kind of dark and scary, but it was interesting. And you are all talking about it...