My Bad.... Oh, So Bad

Sunday, October 18, 2009 Edit This 13 Comments »
Just because your pet kitty doesn't usually mind going for short rides in the car doesn't mean you should take him with you when you take the kids to school. 

And, just because you forgot to do it last night doesn't mean you should take the opportunity to run the car through the car wash after dropping the kids off at school while aforementioned kitty is still inhabiting the car.

And, just because of the ripped up seats, involuntary bowel movements and unholy shrieking (causing people to stare at me in horror), doesn't mean you should shove the cat in the middle console in hopes he will calm down and shut up.

Don't assume the middle console cannot be destroyed from the inside.

Don't assume you can remove the cat from the console without having your clothes torn from your body.

Don't assume the kitty's eyes will stop rolling.

Don't assume the vet will not look at you funny.

Don't assume the doctor will not look at you funny.

Don't assume your husband and mother-in-law won't notice the diarrhea stains, then look at you funny.

Don't assume that your children will be able to sit in the car without hanging their heads out the open windows whilst gagging and choking.

Don't assume that these guys will be able to remove the poo aromas but do assume it will cost an arm and a leg.



And don't expect your friends to be sympathetic, "You're not having much luck with cats lately, are you?"

And don't tell me I should know better.

Because I obviously don't.....

...you're looking at me funny.

13 brilliant observations:

Camille said...

Oh that is too funny. Good thing I am allergic to cats, but it was a nice heads up if I ever decided to babysit my neighbors cat and decide to take it to the neighborhood automatic car wash.

Lissaloo said...

lol, oh dear, I knew there were more reasons that I wasn't a cat person :)

Barbaloot said...

Oh wow-that is a video of something I'd love to see!

Unknown said...

I agree - what is it with you and cats lately??

I was smiling when you began, but the image of stuffing the cat into the console had me absolutely HOOTING!

The good news, of course, is that your car is washed. I'm sure you're happy about that.

Kristina P. said...

I am not surprised in the least. Cats are the spawn of Satan. Or Dr. Phil. Take your pick.

Tricia said...

You know, this story makes me love my dogs that much more.

Not that the dogs haven't ever shredded anything or shrieked or left messes, but simply because they are not cats.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm not quite sure what to say. The images are very clear to me...I'm not sure you came out of the whole ordeal without a great deal of bodily harm.

Sherrie said...

ROFLMAO. You are too funny! I think you should stay away from cats in the future! You just made my day though! :)

honeypiehorse said...

Oh, stinky poo! We've all been there. OK, maybe not it the car.

Sarah said...

Walmart and Target both sell sports versions of these things for girls. That is what we went with and will be sticking to for as long as possible!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Wow! I am thankful for my little kitty. But I am now warned never to travel with her...unless put in a proper car carrier! (were the diarrhea stains yours or the cat's? heehee)
:~D

bebe said...

LOL. no other comment necessary!

Crystal Farish said...

I am so dying with laughter of this one. You are so funny!!