It'll Never Happen Again Until Next Time

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 Edit This 12 Comments »
People are getting on to me to start blogging again. I feel a little remorseful about neglecting my blog these last couple of days. After reading several irate comments from kind people who thought I needed some rebuking encouragement, I feel like a kid who ditched school and has been dragged in front of the Principal for THE INTERROGATION. "What on earth have you been doing that's more important than BLOGGING young lady????"

So, here's the thing: I'm not sick or lazy or brain dead. Well not sick anyway...
But, I lost my computer unexpectedly and if you know anything about Sudden Death Syndrome, you know there's no getting over it quickly. Ask any cyber junkie about going cold turkey and they can tell you about the nightmares, chills, nausea, sweating and suicidal thoughts. Although I have since recovered, it's still a little painful to talk about...

I'm not getting you down at all, am I?

So anyway, in the interim between throwing my laptop on the train tracks
(it was AWESOME!) and getting a new laptop... my lifestyle changed. Something new was introduced to my daily schedule. Something big. Something tumultuous. Something heavy and foreboding... something called "SEMINARY."

Some of you will not be familiar with this so I will explain. It's when we take our kids to church for scripture study for an hour EARLY IN THE MORNING. BEFORE SCHOOL! AT 5.45!
A.M!

I understand that it is good for the children and A has been loving it like she's never loved the scriptures before and I like that, I really do. I think it sets her up well for the day and helps her to focus on her schoolwork. Her grades are reflecting this improvement.

But here's the thing...
It means I have to actually. Get. Out. Of. Bed. At 5am. To drive her there.
I don't do this every week because I am in a carpool with four other parents but here's the other thing...

Now that I get up early.... I go to bed early. And there goes the 11pm - 3am blog time. GONE.
KAPUT.
KABLAM.

Even though I theoretically, should still have time
somewhere in the day for blogging, I haven't. You know how it is. If you don't do it at 11pm, you're never gonna do it!

Oh, I have to go. My pillow husband is calling me.

I'll be right back.


12 brilliant observations:

Cluttered Brain said...

Totally understandable. Now your kid is in seminary or you are the teachers for seminary? Early morning sucks. Hope you survive!

Kristina P. said...

OK, I feel horrible for you. Early morning seminary is a fate worse than death. Or being subjected to Superdell.

honeypiehorse said...

Seminary at the crack of dawn? If faith isn't easy and painless, what's the point??

honeypiehorse said...

But I'm so glad you're back! Even though I was too polite to nag.

Barbaloot said...

I'll be FOREVER grateful that I grew up in Utah where seminary was part of my regular school schedule. You and your daughter are both saints as far as I'm concerned.

rachel said...

I grew up on early morning seminary too-LOVED it though I never gave my poor parents a thought, sadly...glad to see you back :)

Cheryl said...

Welcome back!! It makes me so happy!

Unknown said...

Yay! You're back! And you're not sick or dead or something REALLY dreadful!

And, welcome to my world. Although this year my stake introduced a "supervised home study" seminary class for kids who can't do early morning. And guess who teaches it?

That's right. Yours truly. But my daughter is in the class, so at least NO ONE is getting up before dawn's early light around here.

I always felt the church was just a teensy bit truer in places with Released Time Seminary.

Anyway, glad you're back! We missed you! (And I didn't have anyone around to get my HG2G jokes!)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow, early morning Seminary. You guys are totally awesome and faithful. My kids always got released time from their regular school. My youngest would go to zero hour, that required her being there at 7:00 AM, we felt so virtuous for that!
Good to see that you are back. Now start being a slacker and get in bloggear!

Camille said...

You are a super woman. I would have just have home-schooled seminary to my kids, which would consist of just singing "I Am A Child of God".

Kim said...

I LOVE early morning seminary...but was so glad when my kids were all done. One year, we started at 5:30AM...I taught and had 3 students to get there! What a year that was! Love your blog!

Jennifer said...

Justed popped over from Regarding Annie. Enjoyed reading some of your posts! My youngest is a senior this year. What will I do next year when no one is getting up early?