The Votes Are In!

Sunday, May 03, 2009 Edit This 19 Comments »
I've had several suggestions to change my hairstyle to that of Jessica Biel. So, I bow to the authority of my clever bloggy friends and here is the planned makeover... keep an eye out for the actual hairstyle. I promise to post a picture.

I may change the colour to this ...

or not...



So... it's been a few days since I posted the pictures and I got my hair done. My regular stylist was not at the salon. At this point I should have left. I
really should have. Instead, I asked a different girl if she would style my hair without cutting it. I showed her the picture above. "No problem! I just need to cut a little bit off here to get those layers."

At the mention of the C word, I
should have walked out.

Twenty minutes and two inches on the floor later, I bestowed her with a curse that will ensure all her offspring will be born with three nostrils. Then I left.


Following is the slightly bemused pic of me after the fact. Keep in mind that I was very windswept (and not in the good, sultry kind of way) when the picture was taken by my ten year old.

Can I just say - I HATE IT!!! (MM likes it!)



19 brilliant observations:

CB said...

You are right - It is definately NOT the Jessica Biel cut but I do have to say that I like it. Truly, it is very flattering on you and it is a cute style too.

I hope it grows on you (ha ha get it! - Sorry in a weird mood!).

I really love it!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Uhm, not Jessica but totally adorable on you! You are so gorgeous.

Kristina P. said...

I like it! And I like the darker color on you, to be honest.

Lissaloo said...

It turned out cute :) You will have to try again when it grows out. I agree with kristina I like it the darker color, you are beautiful :)

Momza said...

I think it enhances your beautiful eyes and smile...and that's what a haircut is supposed to do!
The great thing about hair is that it grows out thank goodness and we get a "do-over"--a very rare blessing in this life!

Camille said...

I like it! You look really young and hot! My hair hasn't changed since 1997, I've had some hair doozies in the past though, so I'll stick with what works. (plus I'm afraid of change, so good for you!)

Becky said...

Well, that stinks that you hate it, but I agree with the others - I think it looks fab! I'd like to look that good windswept....

Loralee and the gang... said...

Hey, it's really cute! And I like it darker, too. You're gor-geous!
:~D

Barbaloot said...

I actually quite like it. The wind-swept thing works for you:)

J. Baxter said...

Holy cute! I LOVE it! Seriously. I think it's way better than the Jessica pic, and is absolutely adorable.

And keep in mind, I didn't have to comment. If I didn't really like it I could have politely withdrawn. Or, left you some ambiguous comment like - wow, love the color...

So you know I must really like it.

Mike and Tammy said...

What?!? It is SOOO cute on you!! I like the dark color. Really. It looks nice.

honeypiehorse said...

OK, it's maybe just a LEETLE shorter than the look you were going for but I can see it will grow out really cute in about a week.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Definitely not the style you asked for, but I really like it. A lot.

But it's hard to like it when it's your hair and it isn't what you went in there expecting to get. I understand!

Unknown said...

I totally want to support you in the cursing of all beauticians who grab a pair of scissors and brazenly announce, "No, I'm pretty sure you want THIS!" snipsnipsnip They are Satan's Stylists, and they must be stopped.

However, having said that, I have to admit you look pretty dang cute. It doesn't hurt that you're gorgeous to begin with. I love the dark color, I love the layers, and you're even working that length! You go, Miss Sassafrass!

Cheryl said...

Ok, so everyone is saying they like the dark color, but I only know you as a brunette, were you blond without me knowing for a time? If so, I want to see. You look beautiful as ever, and I really like curls on you!! BTW, your new do turned your eyes lavender! Love it!

rychelle said...

it is definately shorter than your desired jessica do, but i really love it on you.

and your eyes look purple in the last pic. gorgeous! (do you wear colored contacts?)

Debbie said...

I like it. Maybe you'll grow to love it too.

Anonymous said...

i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelley said...

I totally get the disapointment factor. I'm still trying to recuperate from my hair cut, and I've already had one "follow-up" trim to try and get it somewhere close to what I thought I asked for (pictures in hand as well).
Gotta say, I love the dark color, I think it suits you well. It really does look good.